[tex4ht] [bug #248] sometimes, oolatex may failed when \vskip nested inside \textsf{}

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 8 23:14:22 CEST 2015

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #248 (project tex4ht):

Thanks for the suggestion.  Let's see what Michal thinks.
A couple stray thoughts:

This would have to affect all \text... font commands.  There's nothing special
about \textsf.

Using \everypar seems potentially problematic to me, due to interactions with
other "paragraph" things.  It's a known difficulty with \everypar.

It is bizarre that LaTeX rejects \par inside \text... but accepts \vskip.  But
since it is allowed, it does seem that tex4ht should not choke on it, no
matter how illogical.

Does it matter if the \vskip is actually respected inside the \textsf?  What
if we made \vskip a no-op inside those commands?  Then at least it wouldn't
cause an error.