[tex4ht] htlatex can't find cfg in home folder in latest TL update on 64 bit linux

Nasser M. Abbasi nma at 12000.org
Mon Feb 23 10:56:22 CET 2015

I am not sure what is going on here. This is very strange.

I installed new TL on 64 bit linux 3 days ago. New installation.
When I put my nma.cfg file in my home folder and go
to a different directory and type

htlatex index.tex "nma,htm,3"

I get an error

    I can't find file  nma.cfg

When I copy the cfg file to current directory, then it finds it.

I checked the protection on nma.cfg. This is the same setup I
have on my other Linux 32 setup. And htlatex was always able
to find the .cfg file in $HOME or ~

Does one need to configure something to make htlatex search for
.cfg? I thought it searched $HOME automatically if the .cfg
was not in current folder.

Any ideas what can be the problem?

thanks,