[tex4ht] [bug #242] Spurious semicolon produced by \textregistered command

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 23 01:54:41 CET 2015

    Oh, I don't get such huge diff, see the attachment.

Hmm.

    caused compilation errors on tex4ht-html4.tex

Yeah, that's probably what's going on.  I'll work on it again
when I have a chance.

    it is: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex4ht

Oops, I forgot that we moved it to obsolete.

    but it seems to be really old version with "obsolete" message, but

It's the last release Eitan made.  We've never managed to make another.

Moving to /obsolete is usual for CTAN, though I suppose I could ask them
to delete it completely.

    sometimes people try to install it, I am afraid

Really?  It never occurred to me that anyone would be crazy enough to
get that obviously-ancient tex4ht from CTAN and try to do anything with
it.  Using Eitan's packages was never the easiest thing to do ...

Thanks,