[tex4ht] [bug #242] Spurious semicolon produced by \textregistered command

Michal Hoftich michal.h21 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 21:11:21 CET 2015

Hi Karl,

> Hi Michal,
>
>     don't you mean CTAN version?
>
> No, I meant what I said, though I wasn't clear.  See following:

ah, OK.

>     I though TL got updates.
>
> Yes, I have been installing updated *.4ht files in TL as we make fixes
> (ever since Eitan).
>
> However, in the particular case of html4.4ht, there are significant
> differences between what is in TL and what is generated from our current
> source (you can do the diff as well as I can, but attached anyway).
> It seems a whole chunk of code is missing.
>
> I'm not sure at what point the differences started happening, but I kind
> of suspect with TL14 or maybe TL13.  I did do a few previous updates to
> html4.4ht over the past few years, so I suspect they were ok until then.

Oh, I don't get such huge diff, see the attachment.

I also checked diffs on tex4ht-html4.tex in tex4ht svn web frontend
and there weren't such big changes.

http://svn.gnu.org.ua/viewvc/tex4ht/trunk/lit/tex4ht-html4.tex?r1=133&view=log

but now I remember that in the past (I think last summer) something
caused compilation errors on tex4ht-html4.tex and more than 100 errors
happened, so the dvi file wasn't complete. but as compilation of other
files continued, it was easy to overlook that. I can't reproduce that
now, as compilation works fine.

>     I think it should be safe to update CTAN as well,

> tex4ht has never been on CTAN.  Eitan never uploaded it there or made it
> feasible for them to mirror.  Maybe one day.

it is: http://www.ctan.org/pkg/tex4ht
but it seems to be really old version with "obsolete" message, but
sometimes people try to install it, I am afraid

>     so Miktex can be updated as well.
>
> Christian (Schenk, aka MiKTeX) can get the updated *.4ht files from TL.
> Whether he actually does for tex4ht, I don't know, but I have the
> impression that he does get at least some stuff from TL.

thanks,

Michal