[tex4ht] [bug #213] Incompatibility with non breakable spaces when babel[french] is used.

Vincent Belaïche puszcza-hackers at gnu.org.ua
Tue Apr 15 20:03:13 CEST 2014

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Attached is an Minimal Complete Example.

We, the French, we like to a have a non breakable space before non connected
punctuation signs, namely ";" ":" "?" and "!". The babel package, when the
french package option is used, provides some way to have these non breakable
spaces generated automatically. That is to say, this punctuation signs are
made active chatacters.

It seems that tex4ht has some problem with that.

Well, babel has an option to deactivate this function, and the user can still
use explicit "~", so this is not a deadly problem. Nevertheless, this is a bug
in my opinion.

File Attachments:

Date: mar. 15 avril 2014 21:03:13 EEST  Name: ecm.tex  Size: 186 o   By:
vincentb1