[tex4ht] how to do selective splitting of large document at the unit level?

William F Hammond hammond at csc.albany.edu
Sun Aug 11 00:56:12 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 3:13 AM, Nasser M. Abbasi <nma at 12000.org> wrote:

------

   I have given up on this one. I looked at the documentation,
   but too many options and too many configurations. Trying all
   day with no success.

   The goal is simple. Tell htlatex to split some chapter's
   sections to separate HTML pages, but not for another chapter(s).
------

This would not be difficult under a more object oriented overall
system for LaTeX profiles,
http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/tb31-2/tb98hammond.pdf
Formatting choices for various end formats are then independent of
each other, and more than one formatting choice for a given end format
is easy to arrange.

        -- Bill

P.S.  It seems that my postings to this list go through much faster
when I post from this address than when I post from another address
(at which I am also subscribed).  I expect that I am not alone in
having this issue, and I wonder if it might explain why I sometimes
see messages repeated here (perhaps like this one).