[tex4ht] Collision of /usr/bin/ht with HT Editor

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed May 8 00:33:26 CEST 2013

On 2013-05-07 at 02:12:45 +0400, Alexey Torkhov wrote:

 > Hi, Karl.
 >
 > Thank you for answer. Will see what the other side is thinking...

BTW, maybe you can convince the other side that users benefit from
more meaningful names.  I would suggest "htedit" or similar.

As far as tex4ht is concerned, I fully agree with Karl.  Not only
because two-letter names are deprecated but also because more
meaningful names are more user-friendly.  But changing it now would
break many workflows.

I suppose that a more meaningful name is a good argument in order to
convince them to change the name.  Most people use GUIs nowadays and
expect meaningful names.

Regards, and good luck,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25