[tex4ht] Collision of /usr/bin/ht with HT Editor

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon May 6 23:18:33 CEST 2013

Hi Alexey -

I'm sympathetic to the problem but don't see a good solution from this
side.  The ht executable has been since the beginning of tex4ht -- 15
years or so.  I don't want to remove it now at this late date.  If Eitan
had asked me in 1999 I would have told him "no two-letter names", but he
didn't :).  (Ditto the HT Editor people -- any project thinking it can
use a two-letter command name at this point in Unix's history is, IMHO,
just plain wrong.)

What distros choose to do is not up to me, but I don't want to remove ht
from TeX Live.

(CVR, if you have any ideas on this, of course please let me know.)

Best,
karl