[tex4ht] environment "{align}" translated into "<inlineequation>"

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Wed Apr 17 11:44:48 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Matteo Gamboz <gamboz at medialab.sissa.it>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:37:01PM +0530, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 7:24 PM, Matteo Gamboz <gamboz at medialab.sissa.it
> >wrote:
> >
> > >   it seems that the environment "align" from amsmath is translated
> > > into an <inlineequation> when htlatex is run as:
> > > $ htlatex x xhtml,docbook-mml "-cunihtf" ""
> >
> > I did the same with the following command:
> >  htlatex x 'xhtml,docbook,docbook-mml'
> > and I got,
> >   <para></para>
> >   <!--tex4ht:inline-->
> >   <inlineequation role="block">
>
> I get the same, but I think that the element "<inlineequation>" is
> wrong for two reasons:
>
> 1. the element is intended for "A mathematical equation or expression
> occurring inline." [1] but it has been generated by a latex
> environment that produces display math
>
> 2. the xml file is not valid against docbook 5.
> To do the validation I use emacs with nXML mode and docbook.rnc (and
> relax ng schema files from http://www.docbook.org/xml/5.0/rng/)

Eitan's configurations for markup formats other than html are only proof of
concept that users may extend as much as they want. We can't expect him to
maintain all the configurations to generate perfect XML's as per their
respective DTD's, nor can the current maintainers accomplish it. You are
most welcome to take up the maintenance of docbook.4ht and docbook-mml.4ht
if you can.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan