[tex4ht] tex4ht - possible bug in amsmath.cfg

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Mar 19 03:02:27 CET 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Matteo Gamboz <gamboz at medialab.sissa.it>wrote:

> Hi,
>   I'd like to report a possible bug in tex4ht.
>
> If I compile the file
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{amsmath}
> \begin{document}
> \begin{equation*}
> x=1
> \end{equation*}
> \end{document}
>
> with
> htlatex a.tex "xhtml,docbook-mml" " -cunihtf" "-cdocbk"
>
> I obtain the following error message:
> ! Extra }, or forgotten \endgroup.
> \endequation* ...me b:equation*\endcsname \egroup
>
> l.6 \end{equation*}

Kindly add the following either in your custom *.cfg or just after
\begin{document} of your document:

\Configure{equation*}
  {\ifvmode \IgnorePar\fi   \EndP
   \HCode{<blockquote role="equation">}%
   \Configure{gather}
     {\HCode{<mtable\Hnewline
         class="equation"><mtr><mtd>}\IgnorePar }
     {}
     {}
     {}
     {}
  }
  {\ifvmode \IgnorePar\fi\EndP \HCode{</blockquote>}\par
   \ShowPar}

If this works fine for you, I shall update the docbook-mml.4ht which
unfortunately does not have the configuration for starred equation
environment.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan