[tex4ht] htxelatex support for unicode and multiple scripts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Feb 18 18:51:22 CET 2013

Am Mon, 18 Feb 2013 09:21:53 -0800 schrieb Alexandre Roberts:

> Unicode in my BibTeX entries: while Unicode in my main text and footnotes
> now shows up perfectly, the Unicode characters in my BibTeX entries still
> don't make it through. (step 4) Is there a way to get this Unicode to make
> it as well without modifying my .bib file?

I don't have the time to test, but you probably will have to run the
perl script on the bbl-file.

It is also possible to tell biber to recode unicode chars when
writing the bbl. The output format can be chosen freely (but it
takes some time to set up the reencoding vector):

https://sourceforge.net/p/biblatex-biber/feature-requests/23/

Btw: The workflow sounds as if it would gain a lot if used together
with lualatex instead of xelatex: lualatex could convert the unicode
chars on-the-fly in a callback when reading the files.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/