[tex4ht] biblatex incompatibility

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Oct 25 01:12:03 CEST 2012

    (Are the addresses right?):

Yes.  Good delving :).

    svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht
    http://svn.gnu.org.ua/sources/tex4ht/trunk/texmf/tex/generic/tex4ht

I had forgotten that we had committed all the *.4ht and other derived
files into tex4ht svn.  CVR and I have made no serious attempt to keep
them up to date, though I see CVR committed a few updates there last
year.

I've just removed the entire trunk/texmf/ from tex4ht svn to avoid this
confusion going any further.

    They are different. The first one is older

Yes, they are/were different, but the version in TL was newer, not older.

    More importantly, when I copy 4ht files (including biblatex.4ht)
    from the second [tex4ht] repo to my tex tree the error disappears. I
    don't know what's wrong.

Evidently a regression of some sort, since the older biblatex.4ht worked
and the newer one didn't.  Can you please confirm that your failure is
with biblatex.4ht {version 2012-09-28-15:51}, as checked into TL?

Thanks,
karl