[tex4ht] biblatex incompatibility

Oleg Domanov odomanov at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 22 09:35:03 CEST 2012

> 2012/10/22 Daniel v. Wachter <dvw at arcor.de>

It is unfortunate that it is so hard work to adapt biblatex.4ht, because
> tex4ht is the only option for those of us who write their scientific
> articles with LaTeX and Biblatex but have to convert them to ODT in order
> to submit them to journals.

Yes, this is my case and tex4ht helps me a lot. This is a truly amazing
program.

2012/10/22 Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>

> CVR made extensive changes to biblatex.4ht a couple weeks ago.  Just in
> case you weren't using the current version from TeX Live, please try
> that.  (It's just the one file.)
>
> http://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht

Thank you, I have exactly this version.

In fact, the problem is the superfluous \relax inserted at some point into
the .4oo file.
More exactly, mk4ht makes this 5 steps

latex  ...
latex  ...
latex  ...
tex4ht ...
t4ht ...

If just before running t4ht you take the .4oo file and delete the
unnecessary \relax, everything goes fine. I even wrote a batch file
deleting it automatically and it works fine for me. So the problem is to
find what is responsible for inserting this superfluous \relax. This is too
difficult for me but I hope not for CVR.