[tex4ht] biblatex, biber, and htlatex

Joseph Reagle joseph.2011 at reagle.org
Wed May 16 20:15:33 CEST 2012

Hi, I'm using an up to date texlive2011 install on Kubuntu 12.04 . I
recently moved to using biber (from bibtex8) given biblatex-apa now
requires it. I've noted two issues using htlatex with with biblatex+biber.

First, on the build I get an error on the first citation:

~~~~

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document} in `'.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.24 ...ux at backref{1}{Clark-Flory2010fps}{0}{5}{5}

?
) (/usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/ot1ppl.fd)
*geometry* driver: auto-detecting

~~~~

Second, the resulting html has a span with a some numbers (not sure what
they represent, but they I have more the more citations I have) in it
previous to the doctype.

~~~~

class="cmr-12">14  24</span>

~~~~

The minimal example, log files, and HTML can be found here:

   http://reagle.org/joseph/tmp/biber-test.zip