[tex4ht] Tables generated by htlatex are too complex for Kindle

Ray Seyfarth ray.seyfarth at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 18:06:27 CET 2011

Hi tex4ht Fans!

I have prepared a book using LaTeX which looks great as a printed book
(PDF).  However, to have an electronic version for Kindles and Nooks, I had
to convert the book to HTML.  The htlatex command does an outstanding job
of conversion to html, but the lines for the tables are too complex for the
Kindle to handle properly.

Is there some way to tell htlatex to generate tables with border="1"?

I looked at the code and it appears that more LaTeX programming is involved
than I am prepared to learn.  Perhaps someone with better LaTeX skills
could add an option to htlatex to handle generating simpler tables.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

Ray

--
Ray Seyfarth               http://rayseyfarth.com
http://rayseyfarth.blogspot.com
Personal email:           Ray.Seyfarth at gmail.com
Google Voice:              601-336-0128  (Calls Cell & Skype)
Cell:  601-270-7995     Skype: 601-255-4985