[tex4ht] [Pgfplots-features] pgfplots creation of two SVGs, inclusion of wrong one in html

Christian Feuersänger cfeuersaenger at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 27 11:32:44 CEST 2011

Hi Johannes,

I fear that this is - again - an indicator that the tex4ht driver of pgf
does not support the full power of pgf. Especially the pgf code generated by
pgfplots appears to be a problem.

Alas, I although I have interest in fixing this issue, I do not have
resources left on my own. And, judging from experience, Till Tantau might
not have more.

Judging from the hard work which was required to get your figures correctly
to SVG, I think we should assume that a reliable use of pgfplots in
conjunction with tex4ht output is currently hindered by a bunch of issues. I
would flag it as "experimental". If I had time, I would invite you to
Rheinbach to improve things - my knowledge of pgfplots, tikz, and pgf
combined with your SVG experience might be something. But my resources are
already fully consumed by the ongoing "core" development of pgfplots. Thus,
I would advise you to stick to other tools if you need reliable SVG output.

Best regards

Christian

PS
My computer is broken currently, so I cannot look into the pgfplots git
history. But I believe that I had a very similar issue in the past -
something with two figures. And I believe I found some sort of fix for it...
or at least a work-around. Once my system is more stable, I might be able to
look into it.