[tex4ht] all in one html-file?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jul 27 00:29:00 CEST 2011

    Secondly I've tried to find options on how to make it move everything into
    just 1 HTML-file. It seems that under the standard setup footnotes are put
    in separate files.

I hate that too.  For the TeX Live documentation, either Eitan or CVR
advised me to do the following, which works for me:

  % have html in one piece (including footnotes).
  \Preamble{charset=iso-8859-1,html,info,fn-in}
  \EndPreamble

It's the html,fn-in which is relevant to the problem at hand; the other
attributes are unrelated.

I have this in a file named live4ht.cfg.  Then in the document I end up
calling:
\RequirePackage[live4ht]{tex4ht}

Hope this helps.