[tex4ht] unicode and lualatex

Johannes Wilm mail at johanneswilm.org
Sun Jul 24 16:09:13 CEST 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> >> Fine. And now replace the line above by
> >> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> >>
> >> and then use latex instead of dvilualatex in the batch file: The
> >> result should be the same. In short: currently you are not gaining
> >> much by using luatex.
>
> > sorry, the old latex just gives me a bunch of other problems that are
> much
> > worse. That train has left the station.
>
> I didn't say you should get back but only realize that until now you
> didn't need any luatex specific feature.

Sure, but given that I am mainly using these sources for PDF-creation for
which I use many features for which I need xelatex at the very least (the
html-stuff is just an extra) I only want to maintain one source version of
the files, and am only willing to keep two "master-files". Even when I
converted my sources to compile with xelatex rather than luatex, I spent
about a day ironing out minor issues.

I'm setting up one long python script that takes care of all steps from
source files in LyX-format to epub and pdf on the output front, so it
doesn't matter much if two extra steps are involved of converting the files.

> The pgfplots external legend issues still exists.
>
> Try \pgfplotslegendfromname instead of \ref.

wow! That seems to have worked. Thanks a lot! That naming seems to make more
sense than \ref anyways.

I believe those were all the issues I had.

Now the very last point: my original pictures are in jpg format. I convert
these to eps using "mogrify -quality 100 -format eps *jpg" . Some pictures
are png. It seems that the whole conversion jpg -> eps -> png will be rather
lossy, right? There is no way of using the original pictures instead, is
there?

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org