[tex4ht] tex4ht with pgfplots and external legends

Johannes Wilm mail at johanneswilm.org
Sun Jul 24 09:13:37 CEST 2011

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>    Is pgpfplots actually supported by tex4ht?
>
> pgfplots was first released in 2008.  Eitan died in June 2009.
>
> Certainly nothing has been done to update the tex4ht support for pgfplots
> since then :(.  I hope it will happen at some point, but I suspect it
> will take a rather intensive research effort to even begin to figure out
> what needs updating.  I hope CVR will prove me wrong :).

Googling around, I eventually found out that actually pgfplots did something
to achieve tex4ht compatibility. Before calling the \usepackage{pgfplots}
one needs to insert \def\pgfsysdriver{pgfsys-tex4ht.def} .

Unfortunately that does not do away with the external legend problem I have
with that package.

--
Johannes Wilm
http://www.johanneswilm.org