[tex4ht] dvilualatex and tex4ht

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Jul 21 01:06:48 CEST 2011

    duplicated and maintained in two separate versions

That is exactly what I refuse to entertain :).
tex4ht maintenance is already nearly impossible (as you've seen since
we've failed to make a release since Eitan's death), we aren't going to
duplicate even more information.

    until pdftex has died out and luatex has taken over?

1) That will never happen.

2) LuaTeX can read 8-bit charsets just fine.  You just have to tell it
to do so (ie, converting to UTF-8 at an early stage), and I don't know how
to make it work, technically.  But that is the right fix.

    If you have any quick-fix suggestions for the pgfplots thing I would also
    appreciate that. That one seems to be an issue across latex-binaries.

I hope CVR will be able to look.