[tex4ht] No math rendering

Bruno Grenet bruno.grenet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 23:57:40 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have read some previous messages concerning math rendering, especially
one about MathJax (a javascript library to display LaTeX formulas in
HTML). I think I have the same wish as the poster even though I am not
so sure.

My wish is to configure tex4ht so that it just copies all math formulas
into the html code. I felt like it is easy (just by using the \HCode
command) but unfortunately I could not do what I want. I guess I do not
understand well enough tex4ht yet.

Is what I wish possible? And is that even easy? Please accept my
apologies if this is a dummy question and if this issue was already
discussed, but I was not able to find anything about this...

The rationale for my wish comes from MathJax: it makes a great job
rendering LaTeX equations in HTML, and it seems that it works better
with a pure LaTeX input than with, say, the input given through the
jsMath option of tex4ht (even though there is an extension to MathJax to
handle jsMath-style inputs).

Thank you in advance, and already many thanks for the great job done to
continue Eitan Gurari's terrific work!
Sincerely yours,
Bruno