[tex4ht] minitoc

CV Radhakrishnan cvr at river-valley.org
Tue Jan 4 12:19:05 CET 2011

On 03/01/11 6:49 PM, Christian Fearnot wrote:
> I found two problems when using htlatex foo.tex
> "xhtml,0,fn-in,css-in,minitoc<"
>
> 1. There is no minitoc (table of contents) at all in the resulting
> file. Any explanation? Does this work only if I have a minitoc also
> in the tex file? The log file produced by the option "info" says:
> "For mini tocs immediately aftter the header use the command line
> option `minitoc<' ". In the documentation I found nothing about
> this and many other option.

Instead of going for minitoc package, you can make use of TeX4ht's
facilities (assuming that you are making a book):

 \CutAt{chapter}
 \TocAt{chapter,section}

See the attached fearnot.tex, test.cfg. Please invoke TeX4ht in the
following manner:

  htlatex fearnot test

> 2. I get tons of span breaks, one at each Umlaut:

[...]

> With NoFonts that disappears though, so it is no pressing problem
> for me.

That is the right solution.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan

A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell
in such a way that you look forward to the trip.