[tex4ht] Direct Translations of EPS Figures

Francesc Guasch frankie at etsetb.upc.edu
Mon Nov 15 11:06:36 CET 2010

Hi. I want to translate tex to odt and keep EPS figures.
Right one they are converted to png.

I read the troubleshooting question here:

    http://tug.org/applications/tex4ht/mn3.html#trbl-sht

And I see about the Configuration commands and I'm trying to
find out where should I put them but I'm having a hard time
finding it.

I've seen what is in /etc/tex4ht/tex4ht.env but it doesn't
look like it should be there.
I read this page :
http://tug.org/applications/tex4ht/mn11.html#QQ1-11-66

So I tried making a configuration.4ht file, but now it looks
I should add it  to some tex4ht.usr file  that is not in
my installation. I tried typing it from scratch right there
and then issue:

    htlatex myfilename.tex "xhtml,myooffice" "ooffice/! -cmozhtf" "-coo"

Wich didn't work.
All the way it looks like it's overkill just to not to
translate .eps files inside the odt document.

Is there an easy way to do that ? Or maybe I just get rid of
the inserted images manually and include it one by one in the
final odt document. Maybe it would be easier for me.

thank you very much.