[tex4ht] tex4ht: how to make the index refer to links instead of page numbers

Irshad Alam mim786 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 19:08:22 CEST 2010

dear radhakrishnan

thanks but could u pls explain what you mean by
 tex '\def\filename{{scr}{idx}{4dx}{ind}} \input idxmake.4ht'
 makeindex -o scr.ind scr.4dx

im not a techie or a linux or latex expert so could u pls explain in detail?

are these commands i put in the tex file or rum as linux commands?
what are the steps? pls could u explain step by step what i'
d have to do?