[tex4ht] tex4ht: how to do block quotations

Irshad Alam mim786 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:13:46 CEST 2010

what to do so that the block quotations are translated properly in html,
when I convert my
latex files into html files via tex4ht package? My ultimate purpose is to
make them
into Kindle ebooks from the html. Pls note that Im a non-techie and the
books are
simple non-math, non-science books on spirituality.

im using Linux Ubuntu, using Kile as IDE,

a sample file is

\documentclass[12pt,a4paper]{book}
\usepackage{tex4ht}

\begin{document}

What to do when one seeks to follow the sufi path and reach God? One may
learn from the personal experience of the Mujaddid. He writes in his
monograph \textit{Mabda' va Ma`ad} about how he started his own sufi
journey.
%
\begin{quote}
When I experienced the desire for this path, divine grace (\textit{ilahi})
(SWT) took
me to a caliph of the family of the \textit{khwaja} hazrats (qaf). It is
from there
that I attained the tariqa of these masters and I clung to his
companionship. [Mabda' 1, 3.1-4]
\end{quote}
%
Yes! In order to attain Allah, one must attain the companionship of an
authorized deputy or \textit{khalifa} of any of the sufi tariqas and learn
from him.
\end{document}

Then I latex it and the DVI file is correct.

Then i tex4ht it and then the middle paragraph is not indented as a
quotation. and thats the problem.

HTLATEX-ing the files is not an option because although this sample file is
simple,
the actual file that Ill be working with is very complex and htlatex does
not work there.

so what do i do? There must some way to do it.

Irshad Alam
Khadim (servant) of Naqshbandi-Mujaddidi Sufi Tariqa
Author of books on-Translations/Notes from the Maktubat-i Imam-i Rabbani,
Rumi poems, Muinuddin Chishti sufi poems
Berkeley, California
www.sufipeace.org
www.meetup.com/Berkeley-Sufi-Center