[tex4ht] usage with pdftex

Martin Weis martin.weis.newsadress at gmx.de
Mon Aug 2 18:37:30 CEST 2010

Hello!

Am 31.07.2010 01:50, schrieb D. R. Evans:
> Karl Berry said the following at 07/30/2010 04:44 PM : The only real
problem with
> that would be that at some point I'd be bound to make a mistake and forget
> to synchronize them.

You can use either package ifthen and define a bool to switch content
on/off, or use package comment and define your own begin/end blocks. I
usually do that for the images to not convert them by tex4ht, as this
takes time and renders them to bitmaps, which I usually dont need...

ifthen goes like this:
%-------------------
% preamble
\usepackage{ifthen}
\newboolean{withpdfspecials} % declaration
\setboolean{withpdfspecials}{false} % set false
% \setboolean{withpdfspecials}{true} % set true

% in document

\ifthenelse{\boolean{withpdfspecials}}
        { %then clause
               % The stuff you want to include
               % \pdf....
        }{ %else clause
              % leave this empty/alternate content
        }
%----------------

comment like this:

%----------------
% preamble
\usepackage{comment}
	\includecomment{todo}
%	\excludecomment{todo}

% in document

\begin{todo}
TODO: change the following part
\end{todo}

the comment environment might not work within other environments (e.g.
figure).