[tex4ht] htlatex.bat, etc.

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jun 19 01:11:32 CEST 2010

Hi Tomek,

    I wonder whether:
      htscript.bat [args]
    is equivalent to:
      mk4ht htscript [args]

In theory yes.  (I have found cases on Unix where they are not perfectly
equivalent, but it is obscure and not relevant here, I think.)

    because these batch scripts are called through exe stubs and the
    generic wrapper we use for scripts anyway, so I could invoke mk4ht
    script directly in the wrapper and possibly remove these .bat files
    from the bin dir.

Yes, I suppose so.  I wouldn't ask it of you, but if you want to do it,
that seems fine.

I think we should/would keep the .bat files in the distribution for
miktex (or whomever), but I don't see any problem with TL having your
wrapper as ht*.exe without the .bat.

Thanks,