[tex4ht] tex4ht and biblatex?

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Sat Apr 3 08:52:28 CEST 2010

On 03-Apr-2010, at 7:02 AM, Joseph Reagle wrote:

>> This behavior is not necessarily a bug.  It is an editorial preference.
>> Some journals (like TUGboat) almost always use commas/etc. outside
>> quotes.
>
> Sure, and the style determines which method you use, but obviously that and the text string for visited/accessed are not being picked up by htlatex.

But your version of 0-book.html has

href="http://en.wikipedia.org/?oldid=301373968" class="url" ><span
class="cmtt-12">http://en.wikipedia.org/?oldid=301373968</span></a>
(visited  on  July&#x00A0;20, 2009).

I think, you wanted "accessed on" instead of "visited on".  If you change

 \DeclareBibliographyStrings{urlseen={{visited on}{visited on}},

 \DeclareBibliographyStrings{urlseen={{accessed on}{accessed on}},

in the macro file, english.lbx of biblatex bundle, you will get correct results.  There should be a way to reconfigure it in the document instance, we need to go through the documentation and get a grip of it. So, this is not a TeX4ht problem.

--
Radhakrishnan

A memorandum is written not to inform the reader
but to protect the writer.