[tex4ht] Problems with tex4ht and amsmath

Radhakrishnan CV cvr at river-valley.org
Thu Mar 4 08:06:11 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Sebastian Canagaratna <s-canagaratna at onu.edu
> wrote:

> Hi:
>
>   I am new to this list, and I have not found an answer to my problems in
> the archives. I am trying to convert to html a file with amsmath package. I
> found the following problems:
>
>    1. The align environment is not converted correctly; the equal sign is
> not where it should be. When I replace it with an eqnarray the equal sign is
> where it should be, but the equation number is not flush to the right (it is
> flush to the right in the dvi file).
>
>    2. An inline \longrightarrow is not converted correctly; a
> \longrightarrow in display math comes out OK.

That was due to the fact that part of the math was kept as math text
characters (as in a, b, +, ...) while complex math like fraction was
converted into image.  This mismatch resulted in wrong alignments.

You may please take a look at the attached archive, tmp.tar.gz which has
your source file slightly modified and a few configurations added so that
all the math will be treated uniformly as candidates for images.

Hope this solution solves your problem.

Best regards
--
Radhakrishnan

PS: Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying.