[tex4ht] issue with htxelatex

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Mon Jan 4 18:01:51 CET 2010

On 01/04/2010 12:40 PM, Radhakrishnan CV wrote:
> 2009/12/27 Pablo Rodríguez <oinos at web.de>:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm trying to compile a very basic example with htxelatex:
>>
>> \documentclass{article}
>> \usepackage{fontspec}
>> \begin{document}
>> “Eso dijo él”
>> \end{document}
>>
>> And I find the following issue: fontspec is required to typeset any
>> character outside the iso-8859-1, but htxelatex outputs no text with
>> fontspec enabled.
>
> If you use \usepackage[ansinew]{inputenc} instead of fontspec, you
> will get the desired output.  A test file and its html output with
> your above example code are attached to this mail for your testing.

Thanks for your help, Radhakrishnan.

It works fine, but my original text was in polytonic Greek, let's say:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[polutonikogreek]{babel}
\begin{document}
χαλεπὰ τὰ καλά
\end{document}

The issue is that htxelatex doesn't output text, but htlatex seems to
work fine.

Thanks for your help,

Pablo