[tex4ht] Output directory

Christian Pleul chrisptex at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:27:39 CET 2009

Am 13.12.2009 um 03:31 schrieb Radhakrishnan CV:

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Christian Pleul
> <chrisptex at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Am 12.12.2009 um 15:53 schrieb Radhakrishnan CV:

>>> What you are doing is correct. The last option with -d switch does the
>>> job correctly if the destination directory exists.  However, the files
>>> are created in the current directory and copied to the destination
>>> which you have provided with -d switch.
>>
>> The directory exists but there is no copy of the files in the dir following the -d switch.
>>
>> The last lines of my terminal output say the following (may this provides some useful information):
>> ----------------
>> System call: mv preamble4x.png /Users/chrisp/Desktop/temp/test/tex4ht/html.
>> System return: 0
>> Entering preamble.css
>> Entering preamble.tmp
>> System call: cp preamble.html /Users/chrisp/Desktop/temp/test/tex4ht/html.
>> System return: 0
>
> [...]
>
> Indeed, the log provides useful information.  You will notice that the
> files are copied to the destination you have provided.  And the exit
> status is '0' which means there are no errors in the operation.  I am
> at a loss to believe that something has gone wrong, amazingly
> everything seems to be perfect and as expected!

I dont know too, whats going on. The strange thing is, that after compilation with tex4ht (and the -d switch) a _file_

html.

is created within the *.tex-directory, which shows the one test image I have in my tex document. Unfortunately, nothing is in the "html" folder.

> Have you aliased 'mv' and 'cp' commands to something else in your
> .bashrc?  Are you using a non-Unix or non-Linux operating system?

Nothing is aliased and I am using a Mac OS X 10.6.2.

Best
--
	Christian

-We've really achieved the ideal of what I wanted Microsoft to become.-
Bill Gates, June 2008