[tex-live] pretest 2018 imminent

Philip Taylor (RHUoL) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Mar 12 17:33:57 CET 2018

OK, so rather than re-install I changed the repository to my local
Rsynch'd copy using the GUI and tried again; it next told me that my TeX
Live manager was out of date and should be updated using (amongst other
options) "tlmgr update --self".  I tried this, and was again told "The
TeX Live versions supported by the repository
http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/sites/ctan.org/systems/tlnet (2016--2017) does
not include the version of the local installation (2018)", on this
occasion preceded by the warning "xzdec (stdin): Unexpected end of input".

** Phil.

--------