[tex-live] dvisvgm with libgs on mac os x

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Mar 12 13:00:15 CET 2018

Le 12 mars 2018 à 12:50, jfbu <jfbu at free.fr> a écrit :

>> But keep in mind that when ghostscript gets updated, you might need to
>> recompile the binary. Why don't you use
>>   sudo port install dvisvgm
>> instead?
>
> Indeed the dvisvgm  from MacPorts does find /opt/local/lib/libgs.dylib
> I did port upgrade outdated the other day and ghostscript was
> moved to 9.22, and the texlive binaries were updated including dvisvgm
> (to binaries from October 2017)

I forgot to say that this MacPorts one is dvisvgm 2.1.3

Why don't I use it ? I will probably, but as I had a very
nice experience with ./Build, I insist on making my life
miserable and for this trying to get the dvisvgm 2.3.3 knowing where to find
libgs.dylib of my dreams seems a good way.

Also, I have a set-up where I solved all issues during 2017/2018 about
using MacPorts binaries inside a pure TeXLive2017 install, in a way
compatible with the TeXDist Control Panel facilities,
and I am trying not to mix the two sets of binaries. I can now either
work with TeXLive provided, or my "self"-compiled, or the MacPorts binaries
and I try not to mix them.

best

Jean-François