[tex-live] TL2017's tlpkg/installer/wget/wget.x86_64-darwin: HTTPS support not compiled in.

Akira Kakuto kakuto at fuk.kindai.ac.jp
Wed Jan 31 23:40:29 CET 2018

Hi,

> I cannot agree. I avoid Windows whenever possible but I develop SW that must run under Windows so I have o test it.
> Some multiplatform libraries state that they rely upon curl which is not available in Windows and must be installed
> separately. I have just searched through the whole disk. I found two versions of curl.exe as a part of git but my users are
> not supposed to have git. So without my SW with its own curl and without git there would be no curl.exe on my Windows
> 7. And I do not have wget either (I do not have TL on it). Thus it is too risky to assume that there is curl.exe somewhere.

In
CTAN/systems/win32/w32tex
and
CTAN/systems/win32/w32tex/win64
you find context.tar.xz and context-w64.tar.xz
where curl.exe (32bit and 64bit) built with Visual Studio 2015
is provided (libs are statically linked):

curl 7.58.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.58.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2n zlib/1.2.11 libssh2/1.8.0
Release-Date: 2018-01-24
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps pop3 pop3s rtsp scp sftp smb smbs smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: AsynchDNS IPv6 Largefile SSPI Kerberos SPNEGO NTLM SSL libz HTTPS-proxy

Best,
Akira