[tex-live] Suggestion

W Brown webrown.cpp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 20:18:55 CET 2018

I respectfully would appreciate some additional high-level categorization of packages.  Examples of categories:

  - fonts
  - theses & dissertations
  - bibliography styles
  - languages, Western
  - languages, non-Western

Once thusly categorized, I would find it useful to be able to omit downloading & installing entire categories.  For example, I will never (again) write a thesis, so would prefer to save the space and effort of obtaining & maintaining any and all such packages.

Independent of the feasibility of the above, I want to thank everyone for the commitment and hard work that has gone and continues to go into providing such an incredibly useful software collection.

Best,

-- WEB