[tex-live] Tutorial for setting up own TeX Live package repositories seems outdated

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Feb 12 00:55:10 CET 2018

Hi René

> in r22216. I noticed that the information in section 4 seems outdated

That could easily be, I haven't updated it in ages.

I will update it to a better layout, since I am using it anyway in so
many projects.

> 	Cannot determine type of tlpdb from [ROOT]!

mkdir texmf-dist/web2c/
touch texmf-dist/web2c/.dont-delete-this-dir (or anything else)

The current code determines the type of archive (.tar.xz, or files)
automatically and just bumps out because it cannot find the
texmf-dist/web2c.

Here is parts of my deployment script I use for some repos:

TLCHECKOUT=${TLCHECKOUT:-/home/norbert/Development/TeX/texlive.git}
TLNETDEST=${TLNETDEST:-/home/norbert/Domains/server/texlive.info/contrib/2017}
TLCATALOGUE=${TLCATALOGUE:-/home/norbert/Development/TeX/texcatalogue-svn}
# update tlpdb
$TLCHECKOUT/Master/tlpkg/bin/tl-update-tlpdb \
      -with-w32-pattern-warning -from-git \
      --catalogue=$TLCATALOGUE        \
      --master=`pwd`
# update containers
$TLCHECKOUT/Master/tlpkg/bin/tl-update-containers \
      -master `pwd` \
      -location $TLNETDEST    \
      -gpgcmd `pwd`/tl-sign-file \
      -all # sometimes we need -recreate

Note that I am running from git - git mode is supported since some time.
The private signing file is a simple adaption of the one in the repo
using my private signing key. I need to factor out the arguments there:

if test $# -ne 1; then
  echo "$0: Exactly one argument must be given, the file to sign." >&2
  exit 1
fi

# remove previous signature
rm -f "$1.asc"

prg=gpg
if ! [ "x$TL_GNUPG" = "x" ] ; then
  # use the environment variable TL_GNUPG
  prg=$TL_GNUPG
fi

# sign
$prg --armor \
    --detach-sign \
    --local-user 0xEC00B8DAD32266AA \
    "$1"

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer