[tex-live] TLCore packages

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Oct 4 13:26:34 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

> > - remove tex4ht links in bin

> Are there "wrong" links in bin especially with tex4ht, or is it about to
> remove any link in bin, which later on, after tlnet additions, will
> generated the correct way by "make texlinks"?

I don't use texlinks at all, but the links are contained in the
packages I install from tlnet.

In principle *everything* is in the tlnet checkout packages, but on
Debian I *am not allowed* to use the precompiled binaries, but need
to compile them myself.

I use the scripts.lst from the Build/source when building the
arch=all (arch independent) packages to create the links of tex4ht
and all the others.

The reason is I don't want to ship in
	texlive-binaries
(which is the arch=any) dangling symlinks
	/usr/bin/foobar -> ../share/texlive/texmf-dist/scripts/foobar/foobar.pl
etc. The files under texmf-dist are shipped by the arch=all packages, so
the actual links in /usr/bin should be shipped in the same package.

Thus, I reuse the scripts.lst from Build/source to create the links in
the arch=all, and remove the (dangling) symlinks when building the
arch=any binaries.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer