[tex-live] biber 2.8 binary for x86_64-darwinlegacy

samcarter at re-gister.com samcarter at re-gister.com
Wed Nov 22 15:15:39 CET 2017

Hello,I encountered a strange problem with the x86_64-darwinlegacy binaries of TL2017. Using the tlmgr only the biber binary in x86_64-darwin got updated from version 2.7 to 2.8, but not the binary in x86_64-darwinlegacy (stayed at 2.7). This lead to a version mismatch with the simultaneously updated biblatex package. I then completely reinstalled texlive2017 and biber was now completely missing from x86_64-darwinlegacy.Does anyone know if this expected behaviour?My current workaround is a soft link from  x86_64-darwinlegacy to the biber binary from x86_64-darwin, which seems to work fine.Best regards,Sam