[tex-live] No user prompting asking for PATH adjustment after pretest install?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue May 9 23:56:25 CEST 2017

    At the end of all this I was surprised not to see any message
    about updating my PATH for 2017 location.

I still see the usual message after a test install:
    Most importantly, add /tmp/ki/bin/x86_64-linux
    to your PATH for current and future sessions.

I can't explain why you didn't see it, since I doubt you have the envvar
TEXLIVE_INSTALL_NO_WELCOME set. (Which explicitly omits the msg.)

It's printed in this loop around current line 597 of install-tl, if you
want to delve into it ... --best, karl.