[tex-live] No user prompting asking for PATH adjustment after pretest install?

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Tue May 9 14:51:06 CEST 2017

Le 09/05/2017 à 14:43, Lars Madsen a écrit :
> isn't it the MacTeX installer that updates the texbin link?

I explained I do not proceed via MacTeX

> AFAIR, the TL base installer has never messed with PATH on other systems than windows.

It didn't. I am just saying it did not ask me to do it.

Last year and the years before, it did.

here it left me in a situation where the PATH was still (indirectly) pointing to 2016 install.

It is impossible to say that from only looking at PATH at top level, because it contains, as I said, /Library/TeX/texbin.

I think the installer should not take for granted that things are OK.

At this stage all binaries called from command line, including tlmgr itself, would have been the 2016 ones.

Jean-François