[tex-live] TexLive 2016: cannot get TikZ graphdrawing library to work (pgfkeys errors)

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue May 9 13:39:55 CEST 2017

Hi Marlin,

> Would you suggest I remove the butchered TeXlive installation and go for
> a manual home directory install as described on
> https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html ? Or is there a different
> way how I might fix this by myself?

I get different errors:
! Undefined control sequence.
\sa at placebox ->\newpage \global \pdfpagewidth
                                              =\wd \sa at box \global \pdfpageh...

with the Debian packages for TL2016, which are more or less the ones
in Ubuntu and in the ppa you are using.

I guess that some packages are not compatible with old luatex in
TL2016, or something else is broken.

You haven't sent a sample file nor the error log, nobody can help
you here without any decent report.

Thus, I suggest you install TL2016 as mentioned in quickinstall.html,
or probably even better the tlpretest of TL2017 which includes already
an updated luatex.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer