[tex-live] collection merging

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Wed May 3 20:00:43 CEST 2017

> *Zdenek Wagner* wrote:
>

> >I do not know how many users actually select individua languages instead
> of
>
> >just installing averything but I am afraid that such users might be
>
> >confused if they do not see lang-indic and lang-african. I have no problem
>
> >with merging other packages.
>

> I deselect all non-European language collections individually
>
> but also collection-langother, so I would not be confused if
>
> langindic and langafrican (and langarabic, langcjk, etc.)
>
> disappeared into langother.

This might be a problem for indologists who need just a few European
languages and Indic and nothing else. I do not know whther they find it in
langotherwithout complaining first that the Indic support disappear. It is
not a problem for me personally because I always install everything.

> The same is true of htmlxml, omega, etc., if they
>
> were moved into formatsextra, as I deselect all those too.
>

> Finally, I am OK with  merging plainextra, genericrecommended, and genericextra
>
> as I always keep all of those.
>

> Dan
>

> Daniel H. Luecking, Graduate Coordinator
>
> Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
>
> University of Arkansas
>
> Fayetteville, AR, USA

Zdeněk Wagner