[tex-live] collection merging

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Wed May 3 19:46:58 CEST 2017

Zdenek Wagner wrote:

>I do not know how many users actually select individua languages instead of
>just installing averything but I am afraid that such users might be
>confused if they do not see lang-indic and lang-african. I have no problem
>with merging other packages.

I deselect all non-European language collections individually
but also collection-langother, so I would not be confused if
langindic and langafrican (and langarabic, langcjk, etc.)
disappeared into langother.

The same is true of htmlxml, omega, etc., if they
were moved into formatsextra, as I deselect all those too.

Finally, I am OK with  merging plainextra, genericrecommended, and genericextra

as I always keep all of those.

Dan

Daniel H. Luecking, Graduate Coordinator
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR, USA