[tex-live] hyph-ru.tex is faulty.

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Jan 26 13:51:56 CET 2017

  (Moving discussion from the TeX Live list to TeX-hyphen, please reply
there.)

> Did you add patterns for all combining accents as I mentioned in one
> of the comments?

  Not yet, but it’s on our list: https://github.com/hyphenation/tex-hyphen/issues/5
I need to figure out the best way to do it: should we input the full
list of all combining characters for every language, or only those
diacritic signs that are relevant for each language?  The former option
may seem like less work but we need to make sure that the accents don’t
interact with the existing patterns (for all the languages), and ensure
that it stays so in the future.  If for example someone comes up with a
pattern set for Russian that does take the combining acute accent into
account, having a default list of patterns with accents may be
self-defeating.

	Best,

		Arthur