[tex-live] Bug in TexLive installer

hz hzmonte hzmonte at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 20:54:50 CET 2017

When I said warning, I had the installation instructions, i.e., https://www.tug.org/texlive/windows.html, in mind.   If it is true that there should be no spaces in the path, then I think the developers should definitely document that in the instructions.

And I think reasonable software engineering practices should also make sure things work even when someone thinks "there is no reason to keep [some files] together/closer."  Whereas someone thinks there is no reason to do something, someone else thinks there is very good reason to do the same thing.  And I am not going to argue here whether there is indeed reason to put the unpack and install locations under the same parent directory.  If merely doing so would break the installer, then I have to say that there is room for improvement.