[tex-live] possible bug or mistake ...

Thu Aug 3 21:21:30 CEST 2017

Am 03.08.2017 um 21:04 schrieb Paulo Ney de Souza:
> I have finally nailed a bug that I have been chasing for a while now ...
> in which some simple numbers on a PDF file disappears under Evince
> display on Linux after some routine TeXLive maintenance operations.
>
> We have seen it for a few years now, after long sequences of operations
> of instal/update/etc ... the Evince display would become messed up, and
> yesterday I was able to nail it to the commands to make TeX fonts
> available system-wide, recommended by Karl in Section 3.4.4 of the TL
> Reference Manual:
>
> cp $(kpsewhich -var-value
> TEXMFSYSVAR)/fonts/conf/texlive-fontconfig.conf
> /etc/fonts/conf.d/09-texlive.conf
> fc-cache -fsv

I have no problem with TL2017 and Ubuntu 16.04. What fonts does
pdffonts show?

voss at shania:~$ pdffonts test.pdf
name         type        encoding         emb sub uni object ID
Helvetica    Type 1      Standard         no  no  no       8  0
Courier      Type 1      Standard         no  no  no       9  0

Herbert