[tex-live] tl17 pretest - lualatex shell-escape

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 01:59:13 CEST 2017

On 19 April 2017 at 00:39, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

> On 2017-04-18 at 23:43:19 +0100, Greg' Ar Tourter wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > the version of lualatex in pretest doesn't seem to anything with
>  > the --shell-escape flag.
>  >
>  > Compiling a simple document with minted loaded for example will
>  > complain that I need to compile with --shell-escape despite
>  > actually having done so. the same document compiled with pdflatex
>  > compiles fine.
>  >
>  > I am running on linux 64bit.
>
> Dear Greg,
> could you provide a small file which allows others to reproduce your
> problem?
>
> Regards,
>   Reinhard

I don't think it's an engine problem, this plain tex file

\directlua{os.execute('ls')}

\bye

lists the current directory just if luatex --shell-escape is used, but I
can confirm that this
latex file gives the warning that -shell-escape must be used, even if it is
used

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{minted}

\begin{document}

\end{document}

so I guess that one of the packages in chain isn't detecting the new luatex
settings.
too late to debug tonight:-)

$ lualatex --shell-escape ww960
This is LuaTeX, Version 1.0.4 (TeX Live 2017)
 system commands enabled.
(./ww960.tex
LaTeX2e <2017-04-15>
(using cache:
/usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic)/bin/sh: all:
command not found

! Package minted Error: You must invoke LaTeX with the -shell-escape flag.

See the minted package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.4

? x