[tex-live] urw35 base fonts on CTAN and TL

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Sep 18 17:10:08 CEST 2016

Hi Staszek,

> E.g. on January 2015 there was much better release, and from July
> 2016 it seems that fonts are finally proper. Moreover the whole

AFAIR these "new" fonts changed the metrics compared to previous
versions of some glyphs. Since these fonts are used as replacement
for the Base35 fonts, they need to be metric wise equal. But they
aren't.

Then there is the addition of completely insufficient and broken
cyrillic... but I see that they have at least added the cyrillic glyphs
now for all fonts.

I am really not sure what is the best way to proceed, and maybe the new fonts
are again metric wise compatible ...

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13