[tex-live] dvipdfmx: Support for SVG-in-OpenType

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Nov 24 15:34:16 CET 2016

Hi Simon,

> If I come up with a patch to dvipdfmx to add support for
> SVG-in-OpenType, would there be any interest in merging it?

My personal opinion is that yeah, please go ahead. dvipdmfx is nowadays
maintained in TeX Live without any outside activity, contributors are
few, mostly the Japanese developers fixing bugs.

I would say go ahead, as long as current documents don't break it is
completely fine.

> (Ideally, it would be great if at some point dvipdfmx moved to use the
> libtexpdf abstraction so we could share all this stuff more easily, but
> last time I tried to do that I got caught up with kpse stuff and it
> wasn't very easy to test.)

Also this would be very advisable in this case, and I guess we can sort
the problems with libkpse out.

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13