[tex-live] strange behaviours in xetex and xdvipdfmx in MacTeX 2016

岩瀬 則夫   norioiwase at me.com
Sat Nov 12 01:36:16 CET 2016

Hello,

I encountered the fact that xetex and xdvipdfmx in MacTeX2016 does
not recognise old true type font like "Lucida Sans", while it does
new ttc fonts like "Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN".

I also noticed that they ignores \addfontfeatures{CJKshape=JIS90}
while \fontspec[CJKshape=JIS90]{Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN} has no
problem to provide old font shape in Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN.

These behaviours were not present in MacTeX2013 - the very stable
version of MacTeX, and therefore I forced to use MacTeX2013.

Could you fix these difficulties in the next release of MacTeX?

Best, Norio
——--
_/_/_/  Norio iWASE <norioiwase at me.com>  _/_/_/